Accountant II - Lease
Dallas, TX 75201 US
This role is hybrid – onsite 3x per week in the Uptown Dallas office
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Demonstrates proficiency in utilizing consolidated lease software to manage and report on the lease contract portfolio
- Timely executes month-end close for lease accounting by leveraging existing lease information to build and record required journal entries
- Executes regular updates to lease portfolio to ensure completeness and accuracy of recorded lease balances, including assessment / classification of new leases and creation of lease schedules
- Maintains General Ledger accounts and performs account reconciliations related to lease accounting
- Assists in the preparation of monthly/quarterly management lease reporting, as well as ensuring compliance with ASC 842 external lease reporting requirements
- Reviews, analyzes and develops solutions for problems or variances arising within department
- Provides support during internal and external audits as directed
- Reviews, analyzes and presents process improvement proposals to management within department.
A minimum of three years related experience is required.
Experience in lease accounting is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, in accounting, finance or related field, is required.
Must have intermediate understanding of accounting practices and procedures with the ability to perform accounting analysis as needed. Working knowledge of Microsoft products, experience with accounting and maintenance software, and experience in lease accounting is preferred. Basic reading and writing skills and the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.