Advanced Technical Engineer - Electrical/Electronics
Tulsa, OK 74104 US
Advanced Technical Engineer - Electrical/Electronics (Hybrid)
- Under broad direction, provides expertise and guidance in analysis, modification and designs for multiple projects and/or projects of great complexity.
- Requires the ability to trade off innumerable, complex, highly interdependent variables and make timely decisions.
- Considered a subject matter expert in the application of standard electrical/electronic components.
- Investigates use of alternate components and provides input on strategic sourcing of same.
- Organizes, structures and completes projects in an independent manner or may lead design teams.
- Provides consultation and technology transfer to internal and external peers.
- Documents technology transfers when appropriate.
- Provides expert technical advice on electrical and/or electronic hardware and/or firmware design, modification, testing and support of downhole tools and surface systems.
- This may include analog and digital circuitry, power transmission and distribution, signal and communications systems.
- Functions as a technical specialist who makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a far reaching impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the company.
- Develop specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation.
- Provide leadership in technical solutions, new approaches to problems encountered.
- At this level individual demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems in the most efficient and economical manner. Incorporates reliability, HSE and Quality analysis during the design and test process.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline, and 10 years of related experience.
- Completion of a Masters in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is also preferred.