ERP Business Analyst IV
Dallas, TX 75201 US
Title: ERP Business Analyst IV Department: Information Technology
Remote, must be open to traveling to Dallas TX
Manager, Enterprise BI & Analytics
Responsible for supporting the company’s routine business application systems and reporting environments while working with key users to improve business processes. Provides technical expertise, direction and training for team members as well as business users.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides support for various SAP modules including configuration and enhancement requests from the user community and company management
- Implements configuration changes, redesigns, new releases and updates to the systems environment in an effort to optimize the use of Information Technology
- Designs interfaces, processes, reports, enhancements (including custom programs), and conversions for assigned complex and large scale application systems and reporting environments to meet business requirements
- Designs and perform quality assurance testing and perform unit and integration testing
- Participates in IT projects that are implementing new business applications, or interfacing with current ERP system or other business applications
- Analyzes and redesign, if needed, process and configuration issues as they occur in the ERP Production system
- Supports development of end-user security authorizations by the end-user security authorization administration group
- Facilitates meetings, conduct and lead presentations and/or training sessions with end-users, standardizing training and providing detailed documentation as needed
- Provides clear, concise weekly status reports for assigned team’s issues and projects
- Provides support role to subsequent phases of ERP implementation and work on special projects as needed
- Supports and oversee integration points between assigned area of responsibility and other modules
- Leads a team on special projects or play a lead technical role as assigned
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time are the supervisor’s sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of Ten years of direct job related experience is required.
- Experience working in SAP BPC 10.1/11.0 system - OPEX, CAPEX, Revenue and Head Count planning, Legal and Managerial Consolidations (Ownership, Equity Pick up, Minority interest, Currency translations, Interco Eliminations) and financial reporting process.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of BPC system set up, configurations, environment, dimension, model set up and all BPC objects.
- Experience in modifying and writing complex Logic Scripts, Member Formulas, Business Rules, Controls, Business Process Flows and VB Script.
- Experience working in ABAP and BADI programming.
- Experience in SAP BW Data Modeling and data integration to BPC.
- Experience in building Transformation files, Conversion files, Data Manager Packages and EPM functions.
- Proficient in object modeling, report writing and input schedule development.
- Experience in designing the Security approach Task profiles and Data Access profiles for the budget Planning.
- Expertise in BEx reporting and Analysis for Office.
- Good understanding of SAP FI AR, AP, GL, Profit Accounting and Cost Center Accounting and month end close activities.
- Experienced to provide end-user support and training both on site and remotely.
- Leads large system integration projects, design workshops and continuous improvement activities as needed.
- Knowledge in S/4 HANA, B/4 HANA, DataLake, SAC and Group Reporting is a PLUS.
SAP IS-OIL and Oil and Gas industry experience is preferred (Midstream/Pipeline & Downstream/Refining areas). Experience with Ariba and Fieldglass is also preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Services, and Finance or related field is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
MBA and/or CPA preferred.
Highly versatile with advanced team skills. Self-starter with drive and ability to achieve planned objectives. Advanced ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment as a team player. Creative, organized, strong time-management and communication skills, both written and verbal, and highly responsive to customer needs. Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail and accuracy. Presence and confidence to generate credibility both within and outside the Company. Well-developed interpersonal skills to create a positive interaction with people at all levels within and outside the organization. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and verbal communication; intermediate reading and writing skills; and the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the management of up to two exempt level professional employees in addition to temporary staff assigned during special project efforts.
Office based with travel up to 25% of time by land or air is required. Work conditions may require working petroleum refinery environment, warehouse and plant environments occasionally. Subject to varying road and weather conditions. Occasional long hours, as well as nights and weekends as needed.
Job conditions require sitting, talking, hearing, making visual inspections, and making precise hand and finger movements. Job conditions may require standing, walking, and wearing personal protective equipment (beards not permitted)