IT Field Service Engineer
Dallas, TX 75244 US
About the role
Field Service Engineer position gives one the opportunity to work with a team of individuals that are highly motivated to provide an efficient workflow for the retail and operation teams by training, maintaining, and monitoring all applications used.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Remote support desktop, laptop, and iPad, network equipment
- Managing day-to-day delivery of services (VOIP, SIP, ACD, Carrier Network) to ensure adherence to defined service level
- Installation, administration, operation, trouble diagnosis and maintenance of VoIP, unified communications and call centers
- Able to troubleshoot with the Network team on network issues related to VOIP technologies
- Provide Tier 1+/Tier 2 troubleshooting to resolve common issues with VoIP phones and VTC codecs (Nextiva a Plus)
- Ensure that L2 / L3 testing has been completed prior to leaving customer site
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers. Fortinet FortiGate experience is a big plus.
- Must be familiar with a wide base of technologies such as networking, network service (DHCP, DNS), wireless networking, and network security
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting of SMB Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Working knowledge of VPN / IPsec VPN topology, setup and trouble shooting.
- Travel up to +70 % annually as required!