Tulsa, OK 74110 US
- Onsite in Tulsa, OK
- Direct Hire (No C2C)
Our manufacturing client in Tulsa, OK is looking for a Planner that will work under the direction of the Materials Manager to coordinate execution of master schedule pertaining to assigned manufactured items. In this role the planner will ensure timely and effective communication and coordination with all internal customers. Communicate and coordinate with all departments involved to achieve the highest possible customer service levels.
- Promote safety, practice safe work habits and comply with safety policies at all times.
- Work to identify and reduce barriers to support schedule attainment by identifying and communicating material and resource shortages for open jobs (understand why and work to help alleviate roadblocks, ensure purchased parts expedited, work defined procedures for reprioritizing WCs if and as necessary, etc.)
- Manage the execution of manufacturing order recommendations via SAP MRP generated eports (expedite, release, defer, cancel, etc.)
- Daily review and resolution of demand drop-in customer orders.
- Re-create lost or missing work orders.
- Retrieve and destroy dead or deviated job packets.
- Ensure that current revisions of engineered drawings are with work order.
- Inform Master Scheduler of parts that are behind schedule to minimize disruptions and the need for expediting while allowing schedule smoothing.
- Ensure that work orders are updated and reflect decisions made during completion of other Planner tasks.
- Review discrepant jobs on a weekly basis.
- Work with necessary parties to ensure reported material shortages and estimated completion dates are as accurate as possible
- Maintaining Data Integrity – Material Order Quantity, Lead Time Code, Lot Size Constraints, Safety Stock, etc.
- Identify and communicate discrepancies and/or deviations to planning data outside of your area of responsibility (default part BOMs, routings, etc.)
- Maintain departmental knowledge base as applicable or assigned (quality processes, work instructions, etc.)
- Comply with all company policies.
- Provide feedback to management on problems relating to procedures, materials, and scheduling.
- Prepare for and participate in all departmental meetings.
- Maintain a friendly "Service" oriented philosophy with co-workers, other departments and customers.
- Practice and promote good housekeeping measures, and support all company efforts to comply with OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Back up all PC files to the network weekly.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Experience with customer-driven demand, Kanban Systems preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and extra time on an as-needed basis, involving extra hours during the week, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays and Holidays
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Production Control, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Warehousing, or Manufacturing. 3 to 5 years' experience preferred.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors, sales personnel, customer service personnel, and department managers
- Computer literate with general knowledge of software related to materials management
- PC experience and training required, such that the Intermediate level of skill can be demonstrated in Microsoft Word, Excel and SAP can be demonstrated.
- Proficient in mathematics and statistics related to business applications
- Ability to successfully deal with large degree of detailed written information and instructions
- Knowledge of manufacturing terminology and protocol
- High School Diploma or Equivalent