Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer
East Hartford, CT 06108 US
ITAR Account - must be US citizen
Manufacturing Systems Position
An Aerospace Manufacturing company with State of the Art Technology is seeking a Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer to support their Manufacturing shop floor.
The Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day development, support, and troubleshooting of custom and off-the-shelf manufacturing applications. This will include but is not limited to custom manufacturing/shop floor applications, manufacturing supervisory/SCADA systems, shop floor device network connectivity, and statistical process control (SPC) tools.
• Provide production support to manufacturing/shop; floor applications and/or process control systems.
• Interface with vendors as required for shop floor device network connectivity, application implementation and operational support.
• Collaborate with internal manufacturing customers to discuss and document their business and application requirements.
• Design and create custom business applications to collect, analyze and report data critical to plant operations.
• Analyze application performance and debug and/or repair as necessary.
• Modify custom and vendor applications to accommodate new functionality needed to satisfy compliance or business requirements.
• Develop reporting solutions by interfacing to existing data repositories, extracting data, manipulating data, and displaying it for the computer users in a dashboard format.
• Convert legacy software applications to current technologies. (Ex. Visual Basic to VB.net)
• Experience in a Manufacturing/Shop Floor environment is highly desired. Knowledge of basic manufacturing principles is required.
• Proficient in .net, C#, java or python programming languages.
• Proficiency in any language used to build desktop applications considered.
• Experience with Oracle and SQL Server is a plus, including in writing SQL queries and stored procedures in Oracle or SQL Server.
• Experience with the Ignition SCADA system is a plus.
• Understanding of networking concepts, architecture and tools is required.
• Must hold US Citizenship and be able to pass a background check.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and presentation). Able to work in a Team Environment.
• Results driven and self-motivated.
• Must work onsite in East Hartford, CT