Senior DevOps Engineer
Argyle, TX 76226 US
Senior DevOps Engineer
Bravotech a leader in IT staffing and staff augmentation services, seeks a Direct Senior DevOps Engineer for a preferred client based in Denver, CO or Argyle, Texas. The ideal candidate will be open to working 3 days onsite in either of these locations.
Tech Stack: AWS, Azure, (Octopus Deploy or Urban Code Deploy), CI tools (e.g., TeamCity or Jenkins), SCM tools (e.g., BitBucket or GitHub), Artifact repository systems (e.g., Artifactory or Nexus), Infrastructure-as-Code or Configuration Management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, or Terraform), ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, LogicMonitor, and/or NewRelic), and Scripting tools (e.g., Powershell or Bash), SQL Server, Docker, Kubernetes.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will drive complex tools and processes surrounding our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based aviation products across multiple development, staging and production environments, and provide complex support to development teams producing our software products. You will assist and guide product development teams as they provision, deploy, configure, and monitor the software they create, and partner with other engineers to design and improve complex tools and processes that empower teams to work faster and easier on their own.
- You will act as a point of contact and liaison to the IOS development team and the Web Backend development team to coordinate the implementation of new applications, features, and environments; upgrade existing systems; troubleshoot and resolve issues and eliminate their root causes; and implement security measures to keep software development, delivery, and execution fast, safe, and working at top performance.
- Support, implement, and maintain automated build and deployment pipeline systems; source and artifact repositories; SaaS product environments; issue tracking systems; and application telemetry, monitoring, alerting and logging platforms. Different sub-teams may put additional emphasis on one or more of the areas above.
- Identify process problems and propose, design, and implement solutions
- Provide advisory expertise to other teams who need assistance with deployments, configurations, stability, performance, and issue resolution
- Mentor and cross-train team members
- Prepare and maintain clear documentation of systems, how to resolve complex operational issues, how to perform team tasks, and user guides to be consumed by other teams
- Provide on-call support for emergencies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology-related field or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience (ideally 5+ yrs.) implementing and maintaining deployment pipelines, server farms and environments, and/or monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex deployment and configuration issues, and design and implement solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced agile environment
- Has maintained and encouraged positive and inclusive collaboration with peers and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation for consumption by the organization
- A background in software engineering, specifically with C# and .NET Core. Python or Go experience is a plus.
- Experience in production cloud environments in AWS.
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Container and orchestration experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- SQL Server database management.
GC or US Citizen only
Must pass criminal background and drug screen
Ideal candidate will be open to working Hybrid in Denver, CO or Argyle, Texas