Senior Technical Architect
Plano, TX 75074 US
As a Sr. Technical Architect, you will play a pivotal role in delivery and execution of projects supporting our fast-growing ecommerce business. As a member of the Technology Solution Delivery team, this individual will be an enthusiastic team player and leader that will work across departments to collaborate with Business Unit executives, User experience, IT application development, Program/Project managers, and QA providing technical solutions, ideas, designs, and development support in order to accelerate the e-commerce roadmap while supporting platform scalability, performance, and growth.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead technical requirement gathering, architecture, design, and validation of the development and unit testing of solutions in order to support eCommerce initiatives and roadmap
- Collaborate with Ecommerce and IT Operations teams to build and optimize our website, mobile app and internal systems
- Work hands across the Digital platforms in order to craft new solutions
- Work with our ecommerce platform, mobile backend, and mobile app in conjunction with our service and delivery partners to develop and implement new features
- Take an active role in the continuous improvements of the website operations and order management processes (Buy Online Pickup In Store, Deliver From Store, Ship from Store)
- Architect and oversee the implementation of marketing and analytic tools
- Architect, Design and implement ecommerce solutions that integrate industry-standard applications (OMS, CRM, Inventory Systems, WMS)
- Analyze and improve site speed and stability and ensure that the site is compliant (ADA, Title III)
- Collaborate with other team members in an agile development process, spanning front end, back end, QA, and product management utilizing process and communication tools such as JIRA
- Architect solutions for projects spanning ecommerce, operations and marketing
- Ensure deliverables are SOX, PCI, and audit compliant to the Company standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous Solution Architecture experience designing and implementing complex enterprise applications in B2C e-Commerce, ERP, OMS, CRM or similar
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) or similar (Oracle, Magento)
- Experience migrating to and implementing micro services architecture in public cloud environments (GCP, Azure etc.)
- Working knowledge of Eclipse/UX Studio and/or SFCC compatible IDE
- Experience building and maintaining e-Commerce websites,
- Retail / B2C ecommerce experience in technologies such as payment gateways, tax software providers, etc. Plus site merchandising operations, reporting, site search & SEO, AB testing, campaign & promotions management and maintenance
- Knowledge of XML and web services (SOAP), and integration with 3rd party systems
- Object-oriented programming
- Experience with responsive websites, performance optimization and adherence to web standards
- Strong experience in ecommerce and catalog domains (Catalog hierarchies, OMS and cart management, and Payments integrations)
- Source code management using Bitbucket or equivalent
- Enterprise Service Bus architecture and utilization
- Working and communicating well within a team environment
- BS or BA (in computer science or information technology) from a four-year college or university; or 7+ years related experience and/or training within a retail environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record of getting things done within a fast paced, changing environment
- Successful track record of developing in the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform
- Organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and maintain effectiveness for yourself in order to meet deadlines and an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Working ability to remain effective under stress and respond to pressure and changes in priority in a manner that is professional and productive.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English, including the ability to provide clear, constructive direction and feedback to team members.
- Understanding of change management strategy and practice.