Sr. DevOps Engineer
Richardson, TX 75082 US
BravoTECH, a leader in IT staffing and staff augmentation services, seeks a perm Senior DevOps Engineer for a premier client in the Dallas, Texas area. This position is hybrid with 3 days of onsite requirement. Ideal candidate will have Azure DevOps, Terraform, IAC, CI/CD, Powershell, Azure Pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes, Blue-Green Deployment, AWS. Candidate must be an Azure DevOps Engineer working in an AWS Environment. Azure DevOps as source control and CI/CD. Terraform for infrastructure as code – not just contributing – a little deeper / understanding how to set up deployments, processes, etc (architecting). Understanding of Microsoft tech stack - .Net shop (c#, build and deploy, IIS). Propensity towards PowerShell is preferred as auto/scripting. Solve problems with scripting and automation. Docker is preferred and architecture orchestration is AWS fargate rather than managed Kubernetes.
As Sr. DevOps Engineer, you’ll play an integral role in end-user satisfaction by implementing the strategy and roadmap for Cloud Operations and DevOps, enabling the development team to move faster to ensure Production environment reliability and quick incident response. As part of the CloudOps team, you’ll collaborate with Software Development and Architecture, QA and Production Support teams, including communicating project and incident status to support staff, peers and supervisors.
- Be an integral part of the team responsible for all infrastructure, security, and deployment operations in Amazon Web Services (AWS) for production and non-production environments.
- Enable Software Development and QA to build, iterate, and ship their code faster, more reliably, and more often.
- Contribute to infrastructure architecture and design for building secure, highly performant, resilient, scalable, extensible, maintainable, and highly available software solutions, with ever-increasing automation.
- Build and execute a strategy to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cloud-based and Internet-accessible systems and services that support the core business functions.
- Contribute to the strategy and execution for scaling, backup/recovery functions (including Disaster Recovery), and troubleshooting to ensure software platforms are kept up-to-date, highly available, and meet the needs of the business.
- Collaborate closely with Software Development and QA to create and drive the roadmap to continually mature our deployment processes, both for infrastructure and code.
- Understand financial controls, tags, allocations, budgets, and processes for software infrastructure, specifically AWS. Work with Software Development and Product Support to implement financial and related governance controls to optimize costs and security controls.
- Ensure critical system security by leveraging best practices for cloud security.
- Contribute to application uptime commitment, including defining and deploying systems for metrics, logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health, including incident response.
- Participate in on-call rotation and troubleshooting for incident response.
- Configure and manage our software-defined networking capabilities including VPCs, firewalls, and routing.
- Proactively solicit and recommend software changes and improvements based on analysis of current usage patterns.
- Manage development to production flow ensuring highest quality software in production environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field desired
- 5+ years’ experience in Engineering, DevOps, CloudOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or related field
- Microsoft Tools– Azure DevOps, Powershell, SQL Server, Windows Domain Administration, IIS
- AWS- EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Cloudwatch
- Code Build and Deployment – CI/CD principals, AWS CodeDeploy, Azure Pipelines, Powershell
- Infrastructure as Code – Terraform or Cloudformation
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Fargate
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle practices, AGILE and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, Blue-Green deployment, systems automation, containerization, and orchestration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Open to US Citizen or Green Card only
4 year degree
Ability to pass drug screen and criminal background check.