Sr. R&D Mechanical Engineer - Chassis/Struc
Duncan, OK 73536 US
Sr. R&D Mechanical Engineer – Surface Equipment
Component Technology – Chassis/Structural Engineer
Our component technology team is focused on researching and developing technology to improve efficiencies, performance and reduce the overall Total Cost of Ownership on specialized well servicing equipment. Chassis engineers are responsible for understanding and applying general engineering principles for trailer chassis design and analysis. Mechanical engineers work closely with design engineering teams and vendors to conceptualize, design, and test trailer frames and skids for well servicing surface equipment.
- Strong communication skills to interact with project team and work with appropriate trailer manufacturers and vendors to create the necessary product specifications.
- Processes data, writes engineering reports, and diagnoses routine hardware malfunctions.
- Applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes and new development.
- Contributes to reliability analysis such as risk assessments, FMEA, etc.by gathering and examining data.
- Coordinates with project leads to deliver on project scope, schedule, and services by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications.
- Identifies the testing requirement at a component and system level. Applies test protocol and procedures by following best practices and complying with internal and / or industry test standards.
- Skills acquired through the completion of degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and a minimum of 6 years’ related experience is preferred
- Familiarity with DOT regulations to ensure trailer designs comply for axle weight, spacing, and overall trailer dimensions
- Ability to perform tractor/trailer weight analysis and calculations
- Ability to calculate stress/strain within trailer frames and validate calculations using CAE tools including ANSYS
- Knowledge of high strength steels used in trailer chassis and/or skid frames
- Familiarity with well servicing, heavy equipment, or off highway equipment design preferred