Systems Engineer / Admin
Plano, TX 75024 US
BravoTECH, a leader in IT staffing and staff augmentation services, seeks a perm Sr. Systems Engineer / Cloud Admin for a premier client in the Plano, TX. The ideal candidate will be responsible for many different aspects of company’s infrastructure, system designs, troubleshooting, and implementing best practices. Coordinates with manager all tasks at hand, giving recommendations on how to solve complex problems as well as implementing new solutions. Ideal candidate will need to build and support Company’s growth into cloud services and maintain our cloud infrastructure while ensuring its security, scalability, and efficiency.
Manage and support private cloud production, testing and development environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, system administrators, and DevOps engineers, to design and implement scalable and reliable cloud solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to cloud infrastructure, working to minimize downtime and disruptions.
- Maintain detailed documentation of configurations, processes, and procedures for knowledge sharing and future reference.
- Active Directory/Office 365 Administration/Windows Server Administration
- Maintain users/groups in AD/O365.
- Troubleshoot email mechanisms, Proof-point experience a plus.
- Manage Active Directory servers and ensure they are in optimal health between sites.
- Knowledge of Azure AD/MFA/SSO/Intune.
- Windows server administration, installing/troubleshooting various applications.
- Linux Administration - Install/Configure Red Hat/Centos Linux servers - Install/Upgrade/Troubleshoot applications.
- Work closely with admins/developers coordinating tasks.
- VMWare Administration - Ensure VMware environment is running in an optimal manner.
- Ability to apply fix packs to Esxi and troubleshoot any issues that may occur.
- Works with I.S. team and users to resolve any issues after implementation/maintenance activities.
- Responsible for remote disk storage management.
- Monitoring network infrastructure.
- May assist in development of change control processes, help ensure audit requirements are being met.
- Assist in developing and testing a documented disaster recovery program.
- Identifies opportunities to apply advances in technology to network(s), infrastructure, and/or application to enhance operations and meet business requirements.
- Perform problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions.
- Proactive in identifying and preventing potential problems.
- Knowledge of BigFix, Tenable, Okta, Palo Alto NGFW, Cisco Switching, Meraki, Zerto, Veeam, will be a plus.
- Experience supporting major cloud infrastructure migration initiatives is a plus.
- Experience with Google GCP or Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Infrastructure experience on major projects, analyzing, designing systems and best practices.
- Working knowledge of MYSQL and SQL databases a plus.
- Ability to work with end users and fix minor technical desktop issues.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technically, both written and verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of VMWare, Windows/Linux server administration.
- Working knowledge of networks, security, firewalls.
- Power Shell, MacOS knowledge, IBM Cloud and Firewall administration are all a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing, and sometime ambiguous environment.
Must work onsite 2-3 days a week.
Excellent Communication skills